It’s time to get ready for Seminars 2018 and registration is right around the corner! The Seminars 2018 team, led by Co-Chairs Marguerite Kaufman and Kathy Alexander, is looking forward to welcoming you to the Peppermill Resort in Reno NV on July 10 to July 13, 2018 for complete immersion in the world of complex weaving.
Registration opens on Sunday, February 4th at 1:00 pm U.S. Central Standard Time.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare.
- Details of all the individual seminars are available on the CW Seminars 2018 web pages, so take a good look in advance and identify your choices. There are two changes from when the list of Seminar choices was first published. Sandra Rude’s Fun with Parallel Threadings has replaced Stacey Harvey-Brown’s Weave the Knit. Also, Stacey Harvey-Brown’s Honeycomb Hybrid class will be a new format, on video with Wendy Morris moderating in class and using Stacey’s samples.
- If you have recently received a renewal reminder from the Membership Chair, then don’t forget to act on it! You need to be a CW member to register for Seminars 2018.
On the day:
- When registration opens there will be a live link on the CW Seminars 2018 Registration page.
- Even if you attended previous Seminars you will still need to create new log-in information at the RegOnline site.
- Most registrants will be able to get their first choice seminars, but there are some class size limits. In the event that a particular session is full, please use the wait list option and select a second choice.
- You will have the option to pay by check, credit card or Paypal – make sure you have the relevant details at hand.
- If you have any problems accessing the site, the first remedy is to try a different browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox.
- If you really get stuck, the Registrar will be on hand and you can email her at email@example.com.
Other things to think about:
- Hotel registrations at the Peppermill need to be made separately and are not part of registration. To get negotiated rates, waived resort fees and free wifi you need to book through the HGA link provided on the Accommodations page.
- Note that the Seminars 2018 begins on the evening of Tuesday, July 10th with a Complexity 2018 reception from 5 – 7 pm at the Metro Gallery in Reno (bus provided for small fee), followed by an opening ceremony back at the Peppermill. Please take that into account when planning your travel so you don’t miss them. The complete schedule can be found here.
- In the event that you wish to register but find Seminars 2018 is already fully booked, you will be able to add your contact details to a wait list. If a space becomes available, you will be notified and given a window of 72 hours in which to register. If you choose not to register in that time, then the next person on the wait list will be notified.
- Registrations are not transferable. If you find later on that you are unable to take up your place for any reason, please contact the Registrar.
If you need more information please check the CWS2018 web pages first. If you are still in doubt, questions about registration should be directed to Amy Norris, Seminars Registrar. All other questions should be addressed to Marguerite Kaufman and Kathy Alexander, Seminars 2018 Chairs.
Looking forward to seeing you in Reno!