What information do we collect?
The information we collect is what you provide when you use our website, either as a member, a prospective member, a customer purchasing merchandise from us, or someone who is asking a question of CW. Examples of when you might provide information include (but are not limited to) when you register as a member or renew your membership, register for Seminars, enter a piece in Complexity, purchase merchandise, send a request for information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- We are an information-sharing organisation. Information is available for all current members on the members-only part of our website. We show name, email address, address and phone and weaving information as you have provided it. This enables us to contact like-minded members to share our weaving interests.
- All membership information we have on you is visible for you and can be maintained by you in the “My Profile” page on the members-only part of our database.
- This information is used to perform normal membership tasks.
- We use members’ email addresses to send you the quarterly newsletters and other emails regarding CW activities of interest to our members.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Only those members with a need to know have access to the information they need to perform membership services.
Cookies are used on our website whenever you log in; if cookies are not allowed, the website won’t work for you. We do not use the cookies to follow you or in any other way.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in providing membership services, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential (for example, sharing your address with our mailing service so you receive the CW Journal).
If you have any questions about specific uses of the personal information, please contact one of the Board members (see below).
- This policy was last modified on May 20th, 2018.