Sandra began weaving in 1992 and has studied with national and internationally known teachers. She exhibits in high-end craft shows, such as the Smithsonian and American Craft Council, and in juried and invitational exhibits. Sandra has won awards (including the CW Award) at Convergence and local and regional weaving conferences, and also has won prizes in fine art venues. She publishes articles in weaving journals and maintains membership in several textile organizations. Sandra’s studio work includes Jacquard wall-hangings and scarves or shawls woven on a dobby loom. Her designs are inspired by the colors and textures of the natural world or abstract forms.
Fun with Interleaved Threadings (Full)
402, Saturday PM
This seminar describes the many ways that interleaved threadings can be used for complex designs and unbelievable color blending. Topics covered include:
• What is an interleaved threading?
• How to use your weaving software to interleave two (or more) different files
• Parallel threadings, often called “echo weave”
• Differences between shadow weave and “echo weave”
• Nonparallel threadings, and a few tips to ensure a successful interleave operation
• Color and value choices for the warps and wefts
• Playing the “what-if” game