101 Saturday AM
This seminar demonstrates and explains the skills and techniques required to design liftplans using Adobe® Photoshop® or Adobe® Photoshop® Elements. You will learn:
- The best tools for drawing a design freehand
- How to create selections to fill with the Paint Bucket tool
- Using filters to create geometric designs by distorting simple shapes
- Using the Offset Filter to check the joins for discontinuities
- Layers: what they are and how to create, merge, and flatten them
- File formats: how to create a proper file and save it
With these skills, you will have the tools necessary to begin working with some of the recent texts (e.g., Schlein, The Liftplan Connection, or Coe,2Be Tied or Not 2 Be Tied) that teach you how to create, in PS or PSE, liftplans that can be imported into your weaving software.
This is not a hands-on class—that is, you don’t need to bring a computer to class and there will be plenty of time for questions and discussion.